Facts and Statistics
Maryland Food Supplement Program (FSP) Participation Numbers
FSP participation by county, with one-month, one-year and five-year comparisons. Updated monthly by Maryland Hunger Solutions.
Maryland Food Hardship Statistics
- February 2013 - 16.2 Percent of Maryland Households Reported in 2012 Inability to Afford Enough Food
- March 2012 - One in Six Marylanders Unable to Afford Enough Food in 2011
- August 2011 - One in Five Households with Children in Maryland Report Inability to Afford Enough Food
- March 2011 - New Survey Finds One in Six Marylanders Reported Struggling to Afford Enough Food
- December 2010 - New State-by-State Analysis of Food Hardship Shows One in Seven Respondents in Maryland Reported in First Half of 2010 Inability to Afford Enough Food
County Participation in Federal Food Programs
County fact sheets with the most recent participation data for all nutrition programs. Data compiled by Maryland Hunger Solutions.
Poverty in Maryland
A snapshot from the 2012 Census Data on Poverty and Income.
Data from the Food Research and Action Center
Food Stamp, food hardship, poverty statistics and other data and resources from FRAC.
Maryland Data compiled by the Food Research and Action Center
Compare Maryland data on Hunger, Food Hardship, Nutrition Programs, Food Supplement Participation, Poverty, etc. to other states.
USDA Food and Nutrition Services
Links providing data and research regarding USDA Nutrition Assistance programs.
Maryland Food Supplement Monthly Participation
Link to the Maryland Department of Human Resources, Family Investment Administration's statistical reports page.
Free and Reduced Price School Meals by County
Link to the Maryland Department of Education's Free and Reduced Price Meal Data.