Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (known as Food Supplement Program, or FSP, in Maryland)
The Food Supplement Program is a nutrition program that helps individuals and families buy food. The program provides a monthly sum of money on an Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) card, which is used like a debit card at participating grocery stores and other food retail outlets. Call Maryland Hunger Solutions at 1-866-821-5552 for an appointment to receive assistance in applying for FSP. Or, apply for FSP online at myDHR.
The Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children (WIC) provides pregnant women, new mothers, infants and children with nutritious foods, nutrition education, and improved access to health care in order to prevent nutrition-related health problems in pregnancy, infancy and early childhood. To apply for WIC, call 1-800-242-4942.
- Maryland 211 – connect to health and human resources.
- Maryland Food Bank
- Capital Area Food Bank
- Manna Food Center
- Southern Maryland Food Bank
- Howard County Food Bank
- Find a food pantry near you.
- The SHARE Food Network is a buying collective that allows anyone, regardless of income, to get a package of food at about half of the retail value. Call 800.217.4273 or visit SHARE Food Network.
- Kids can get free meals in the summer – find a location here.
Maryland Hunger Solutions is here to help – contact us at 410-528-0021.